Google, in general, is searching for a site which is simple to use, offers high value to its customers, and is linked or shared to from outer sources.
In 2015 What Search Engine Optimization Best Practices are going to be hot?
Nowadays, the Web is a big factor in how marketing is done, and keeping up with the most recent trends in SEO is essential to keeping a marketing edge. It’s due to traditional push marketing being replaced with more cost-effective strategies of inbound marketing such as SEO (search engine optimization), which drives targeted demographics to you; as opposed to strategies of outbound marketing in which you’re marketing to the crowds and hope to reach the right audience. Here we take a look at the leading 8 trends in SEO to look out for in the year 2015.
- Content is King. Google’s most recent search engine algorithms concentrates more on content, meaning there’s less focus on keyword saturation and more on whether the content is actually relevant to the theme or not. You ought to continually generate quality content which uses relevant, appropriate keywords and synonyms for these keywords, yet concentrate more upon the content than words themselves.
- Social Signals are going to Be Even More Critical. Changes in search engine algorithms haven’t only put higher importance upon the content, yet they also have started to rely more on social signals to increase results up the ladder within search ranking importance. Ultimately, we expect to witness social signals coming from quality content shared amongst the popular Social Media platforms.
- Internet Security is going to become more essential in Rankings. If your site handles payments online and sensitive customer details, you must ensure you’re using the right security measures in order to safeguard those details. For instance, in 2015, utilizing security certificates, as well as https rather than http is going to help your site to grow in the search engine rankings. If you have a desire to confirm your site’s security, check WordPress Support.
- Mobile Friendly Search Engine Optimization is going to grow. Mobile user experience is an additional important ranking factor within Google’s search engine algorithm, as the mobile Internet surpassed desktop Internet and in 2015, is going to continually grow. Estimates state that within 2015, there’ll be as much as 50 billion local searches utilizing mobile devices—and wouldn’t you wish to be discovered in these searches?
- More concentration on conversations rather than keywords. In 2013, semantic search did become a huge deal, with the Hummingbird update by Google. Now, search engines are utilizing meaning, context, and intent of words within a search query, rather than merely concentrating on matching keywords up. It means long tail, or more “conversational” phrases are going to increase in importance for search engine optimization, and you ought to start tailoring a few of your SEO efforts toward interacting in a conversation along with users on the search engines.
- Link Building is going to concentrate on Brand Mentions. The correct link building will continually be important in 2015. Although, what has changed is how search engines are going to interpret these backlinks coming from and to a site. The content is going to obtain more of the focus; therefore, you must consider social popularity and relevance. Brand mentions, relevant details the source site is discussing about your website or brand, may not need a hyperlink yet still will factor into search engine optimization.
- There is going to Be More Visual-Based Search Engine Optimization. Original, high quality content that features visual media components such as images, graphics, and video now are becoming high performing assets for top ranked website pages. Rich text that has visual elements will get priority in the search engine results pages over website pages with text-only, and video marketing upon YouTube may deliver a massive quantity of social sharing and link traffic for your website.
- Say Hello to ROI (Return on Investment) and Goodbye to Keyword Rankings. In 2015, the main focus is going to change from keyword rankings to more critical elements which might impact your return on investment. If your top ranked page does not deliver sales and conversions, this top ranking does not matter. You’ll have to apply new search engine optimization strategies focusing beyond keywords and link building, and account for how the content interacts with your audience and persuades them to convert into sales or leads.
2015 is now upon us; therefore, begin to pay attention to these best practices and trends now and you will be ahead of the competition all year.
Written by Jason Boyd – Digital Strategy Manager at SEO Empire.